Hello Survivors! This week we will hold a Public Beta to test our upcoming 35.1 release, which will feature the all-new Progression Missions system! This week players can get a sneak peek to test the next update and earn a few coins along the way.
Below is a link to find out how to join the Public Beta and a description of the updates, changes and features we’ll be testing out!
The new Progression Missions will serve to replace and update “Side Missions” which offered outdated rewards and older characters from the past. Progression Missions offer 252 new missions arranged across 25 chapters! These updated missions will be available for ALL PLAYERS when Update 35.1 is released and will reward useful consumable resources, Gold Mythic Tokens and Gold Mythic fighters, including Maggie Greene!
Click here to see Gold Mythic Maggie Greene’s Mythic Fighter Spotlight!
– Public Beta players will only see a select number of the new Progression Missions during testing. Coin Rewards will not appear in the live regions Progression Missions when 35.1 is released for all players.
– Public Beta players will see Chapter 1 of Progression missions on their live regions, additional chapters will become available on live regions after 35.1 has gone live for all players.
– Chapter 1 rewards will be sent directly to player’s inventories if they have already been completed at the time they become available. Chapter 1 missions are specifically new player tasks, so existing players should see these missions already completed upon unlocking them.
New and Reactivated Player Roadmaps
The blue section of the Roadmap is being converted to help new players and returning players get back up to speed in RTS. This section will feature roadmaps that will help reward those players and bring them closer to endgame competition. To test this feature we would encourage players to do the following:
- Download the TWD:RTS Beta Build and enter the Public Beta Region.
- Close and exit the Walking Dead: Road To Survival app for a few minutes (3-5).
- Reopen the app.
Entering the region, and then closing and exiting the game for a minute or more should trigger the roadmap and mission set that players can complete to earn Coins in Public Beta Regions. If you do not immediately see the missions upon completing the steps listed above, please leave your device uninterrupted on the town screen for 10 minutes then repeat the steps again.
We’ve created a new status effect, “Damage Over Time Reduction”. This will replace the existing permanent “Bleed Burn Damage Reduction” effects on mythic fighters. Mythic Fighters with the previous version of this ability (Tara, Elodie, Skins, Davie, and William), will now have a “rest of combat” Damage Over Time Reduction buff, instead of permanent version of the effect. This new Damage Over Time Reduction status effect is dispellable, stealable, etc.
Bleed and Burn reduction was previously a permanent effect that could not be removed, or manipulated even after the death of the character providing said effect. This made the ability very challenging for a player to overcome. The change made to the ability will allow for more interesting combat and strategy for players. We hope to bring more positive changes to combat and are always looking for ways to improve the game.
An additional Roadmap will be available to Public Beta Players called “Survival” which will showcase these changes. Make sure to check it out!
Other Changes and Bug Fixes
- Moved Ascension to unlock earlier at player level 5. It was unlocked at the player level 15 previously.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong avatar portrait would show for opponents in wars.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong amount of rewards from a Challenge Run Tournament would be received.
- Fixed an issue where certain portraits wouldn’t update or display on various Wars screens.
- Fixed an issue where exiting out of the Edit screen of a team without making any changes would prompt the user to discard changes.
- Fixed an issue where enemy bot teams in wars would display as having Lieutenant levels before entering combat.
- Fixed an issue where Devastating Blow’s Heal Block would appear to stack with an existing Heal Block
These new features are available to test in the Public Beta test region over the next few days, so if you’re on Android here’s a quick guide on how to join the Beta Program.
Our Beta Feedback Discord channel will also reopen during this time, so feel free to let us know how you’re getting on!
Please do note that the nature of a Public Beta, for features that are currently in development, may contain bugs that impact your ability to engage with the live game.
We hope to be bringing the new 35.1 Update live at some point in the next weeks, so stay tuned for more news from our TWDRTS.com Web Portal!