As we look toward the future of Road to Survival and what the fighter landscape looks like, we have thought a lot about the new S-Class archetype and how that fighter class fits into the complex meta system that currently exists in the game. While S-Class fighters are clearly intended to be some of the strongest characters available, we believe that there are still additional improvements we can make to how the S-Class fighter works and also improve the methods in which players obtain them.
With that said, we are making some important changes to how 6-Star S-Class fighters function and are obtained. When developing these changes, we had three clear goals in mind:
- Allow all players a direct path to obtaining the newer 6-Star S-Class fighters (and their 5-Star Ascendable versions) through gameplay rewards and other incentives
- Improve the lasting value and depth of S-Class fighters
- Making S-class collectables and characters a central and long-lasting gameplay incentive.
- S-Class fighters are going to be powerful leaders and specialized characters. They will retain their relevance in the combat experience and are a great reward for those who would invest time and skill in their acquisition.
So, what are the changes? How are things going to work moving forward? Read on for details.
How do I Obtain S-Class Fighters?
The new S-Class distribution system will allow all players to obtain the necessary collectible items to acquire all 6-Star S-Class fighters and their associated 5-Star Ascendable version solely from gameplay methods if they choose to do so. We understand how important it is for players at all levels to be competitive and we’ve heard players feedback on this point. We believe that this new distribution model is one area that will help give all players powerful fighters in the future.
6-Star S-Class fighters and their 5-Star Ascendable versions are now obtained exclusively through museum collections. To acquire each version of the fighter you will need:
- 5-Star Ascendable version
- x4,000 character specific collectible items
- 6-Star S-Class version
- x2 maxed out 6-Star versions of the character
- x2,000 character specific collectible items
As noted above, every S-Class fighter will have unique collectible items that are required to obtain the 5-Star Ascendable and 6-Star S-Class versions. Collectables for all S-Class fighters will be available throughout the game in the following areas:
- Rewards for engaging in Roadmaps and Tournaments
- War Crates
- Museum Collections
- Recruits & Rewards
- Offers in the Shop
- Mystery Bags
- Survivors Club Exclusives
A couple of important notes on the collectible items reference above:
- All collectible items, upon release, will be persistently available and will not expire
- At the initial release of every new S-Class fighter there may be a window of exclusivity where collectibles for that new fighter are only in Premier Recruits. Once the exclusive window ends, the collectibles will become available through all other channels listed above.
What changes are coming to 6-Star S-Class fighters?
In order to achieve the goal of giving S-Class fighters more lasting value and depth, we’re making the following changes to the S-Class archetype moving forward:
- 6-Star S-Class fighters are getting an additional boost to base stats
- 6-Star S-Class fighters will now have a level cap of 150 (instead of the standard level 90 cap of standard 6-Star fighters)
- There will still be 4 evolution tiers for 6-Star S-Class fighters with the following progression:
- Tier 1: Level 1 – 90
- Tier 2: Level 1 – 110
- Tier 3: Level 1 – 130
- Tier 4: Level 1 – 150
- Given the changes to the leveling system, S-Class fighters will require additional gear and resources to level up and evolve
Notes on Pete Anderson:
- The stat boost will apply retroactively to S-Class Pete Anderson
- There may be a slight delay (up to 24 hours) in S-Class Pete Anderson’s base stats changing once these updates go live (on Aug 15). Once the update has been fully delivered to all realms players should see the stat changes.
- The new S-Class level cap and tier evolution system will retroactively apply to S-Class Pete Anderson. For those players with S-Class Pete Anderson, your level/tier progress will carry over into the new system. So, for example, if you have a maxed out S-Class Pete Anderson (Tier 4 / Level 90) you will now have a Tier 4 Level 90 S-Class Pete Anderson. You’ll only have the additional 60 levels to go before maxing him out at level 150.